Section for Single Authorisations
The Section for Single Authorisations can be contacted as follows:
-Arbeitsgebiet Einzige Bewilligungen-
tel: 0911/9463-1366, -1367, -1368, -1369, -1370 or -1371
Conducting the consultation procedure
I.e. the necessary co-ordination among the customs administrations of the involved EC-Member States concerning the granting and use of the single authorisation, in particular for
- the examination of both the correctness and soundness of the draft prepared by the competent customs office and the final version of the authorisation
- the examination of the correctness of the positions adopted by the customs offices involved
- securing of a harmonised procedure for single authorisations in comparable cases.
To carry out the consultation procedure within the legal period of 30 days the Section for Single Authorisations sends an additional English version of the application and the draft of the authorisation to the involved Member States. For that purpose it is necessary that these papers are provided by the competent customs accompanied by the translations already done. The translation has to be done by the applicant and to be provided to the competent customs office in accordance with Art. 14 CCC.
Administration of the fixed collection costs
When collecting the import duties (EC revenue), the respective EC Member State is entitled to retain a certain percentage of the duties collected to cover its administrative costs (fixed collection costs).
In case of a single authorisation the fixed collection costs may possibly be divided among the EC Member States involved. In general, this is subject to an agreement between the customs administrations involved.
The respective Agreement is made
- by the Section for Single Authorisations - individually concerning a certain single authorisation directly with the customs administrations of the EC Member States involved;
- by the Federal Ministry of Finance with the customs administration of one EC Member State a time as general global regulation e.g. for all existing single authorisations with this Member State.
The Section for Single Authorisations is also responsible for the calculation and allocation of the shares of the fixed collection costs the single EC Member States are entitled to according to the agreement.
Consultation and support
The Section for Single Authorisations is available both to operators/traders and the main customs offices competent for the granting of single authorisations for consultation and support prior to and during the application phase and in the granting as well as during the operation of the procedure.
This also includes the direct consultation with the customs administrations involved concerning the details of the operation of the respective procedure in practice.
Furthermore the Section for Single Authorisations is responsible for
- Supplying information on customs procedures as well as providing information for business organisations and German customs offices,
- Internal administrative surveillance and control measures, especially in case of certain inward processings involving so-called sensitive goods in the field of agricultural products.
- publication of the compensatory interest rates for the procedure of inward processing and temporary importation as well as
- The maintenance and analysis of databases on authorised inward processings in the Federal Republic of Germany and in other EC Member States are carried out by the Federal Finance Office North (Bundesfinanzdirektion Nord).